Are malloc() and free() functions thread-safe?
Recently, someone asked me why he can’t allocated enough memory with a lot of thread functions. At first, I just tried to explain that there is no problem in Linux kernel or malloc() functions. But, when double checked his code, I found that he used malloc() without any safeguard. Yeah, no synchronization around malloc(). Sigh.… Continue reading
A software engineer who loves any technologies that makes life easier. That’s why I love Linux and Mac at the same time.
- How to find the actual memory usage by each process
- How to check memory usage in Linux – part 1.2 – Per-process level memory usage check
- How to check memory usage in Linux – part 1.1 – System level memory usage check
- How to check memory usage in Linux – part 1. User space
- How to track SLAB usage using slub_debug=U